The Counter Manager is in charge of a counter and works with store and Clinique management to ensure their counter achieves their sales goals. This position also includes coaching and developing Consultant skill levels.
- Executes counter business plan and expectations.
Manages the orientation and development of Consultants.
- Sets and manages total counter and individual Consultant goals.
- Achieves personal sales goals.
- Creates/executes action plans based on market calendar for goal obtainment.
- Executes counter merchandising guidelines.
- Manages Consultant hygiene and image standards.
- Orders Consultants' new hire packages.
- Leads orientation
- Facilitates coaching between new Consultant and Counter/Market Education Manager.
- Monitors Consultant orientation process.
- Creates and executes development plan with Counter/Market Education Manager for each Consultant.
- Conducts team meetings for on-going communication.
- Uses effective management techniques to retain and motivate Consultants.
The candidate has strong leadership skills, is self-reliant and has the ability to manage others for retention, sales and service. Management experience is a plus. Strong selling, planning and communication skills are necessary. High school graduate or equivalent with experience as a Clinique Consultant and/or counter management experience is preferred.